Management Training & Leadership Training
Your managers and leaders should be supported, upskilled and developed to better lead your organisation through change. Our Management Training & Leadership Training provides the support to do this.
Management / Leadership
While the terms management and leadership are often used synonymously, they are not the same thing. A manager is a person in an organisation who is responsible for carrying out the primary functions of management. As leading is viewed as one of the functions of management, many mistakenly assume that all managers are naturally leaders too.
Leaders are not necessarily managers (a person can become a leader without any formal title) and the skills are quite different. In practical terms, the end result is that a leader has followers while a manager has staff.
Ideally, a manager ought to be skilled in management and leadership. They should be able to:
- Align (i.e get everyone working towards the same goal)
- Enable others to contribute toward the effectiveness and success of an organisation
These are skills that are not traditionally taught and many managers find themselves struggling to do the best they can – often having been promoted from an operational role to management. Left to their own devices all sorts of red flags may eventuate for an organisation to address.
How We Do Things Differently
As people skills experts we provide confidential training and support through one-to-one coaching for individuals who find themselves working in a role for which previous work experience has left them insufficiently prepared.
We understand the qualities of effective management and leadership and how those skills may be taught and developed. As we work to address your particular needs, we only focus on those areas needing further development.
The extent of our work with you is also dependant on your actual needs. We do not sign you up to a prescribed 6-week course of self-improvement!
Our approach is personable, non-confrontational and empowering. We seek to turn competent people into awesome managers and leaders.
Benefits of Working with Us
When good management and leadership exists, it can be felt throughout the entire organisation –its culture isn’t forced, it’s developed. With good management and leadership:
- Communication is regular and open.
- Everyone understands the vision and goals of the organisation, and everyone has input into how they can be improved.
- Employees feel that they are an important part of the whole and that every job within the organisation matters.
- Employees are encouraged to do their best work to get ahead and they understand that helping their colleagues to succeed is the best way to get ahead themselves.
- Tasks are delegated to the right people and work gets done in a timely and efficient manner.
- Everyone feels in control, even when the pressure is on.
The end result of good management and leadership is high morale, good employee retention, and sustainable long-term success.
If good management and leadership is important for the success of your organisation, contact us to book your free, no obligation Training Needs Analysis Consultation.